The first time I saw the Ready for Christmas stamp set, I saw the garland stamp as a hairy spider leg. Please don't ask why. I don't know why. But I ordered this bundle because I had to make today's card!
It came out just as I envisioned! That is not always the case! Often those crazy visions turn into epic fails. But I love how he turned out! And now that I have that hairy spider leg out of my mind, I can move forward, and create some Christmas cards with this bundle, because it is amazing!!
Tips to Recreate this Card:
- the Pumpkin Pie card base is cut 5 1/5" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4"
- the background is Spooky Night designer series paper cut 5" x 3 3/4", on a layer of 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" Basic Black cardstock.
For the spider, I stamped in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder so he had texture, and stood out better on the basic black cardstock.
To make the Legs:
- stamp and heat emboss 4 pieces of garland, than die cut using the coordinating Christmas Staircase die set
- embossed 4 more legs using the mirror-image stamping technique, and die cut those as well (the die does not cut mirror images, so line up as best you can)
To make the Body:
- stamp and heat emboss the large christmas tree
- using the Starburst punch, punch one piece
- glue him all together using glue dots and mini dimensionals to make him look 3-D
- using the size of your choice, add 2 googlie eyes
What do you think? Can you make a fall or Halloween card using this bundle?
Ready for Christmas Bundle ©Stampin' Up!
Click on any of products below or use my Shop Now tab in my sidebar to order it. Than show me what you create!
Thanks for stopping by!